1. I have been taking clients since 2009- ish! I was 16-17 years old! I got asked to take pictures at my friends sisters wedding reception and I got paid $20! I also took a lot of friends senior pictures while I was in high school.
2. I have owned 3 different cameras. I first learned on a Canon Rebel which the school owned. I was the year book editor so I had access. My parents then bought me a Nikon d3000 when I was a junior or senior and then in 2012 I bought a used Nikon D700 for $1700. I had that until 2018 when I bought a Nikon D750. I love the D750 because it is so similar to the D700.
3. I have 3 lenses. I use my 50mm and my 70-200 mm lenses most. I also have a 24-70 mm which I use at weddings.
4. The past few years I spent my fall/winters second shooting weddings with 2 photographers who I really looked up to! It was awesome seeing their different techniques, skills and talents and learning different things from each of them.
5. I learned the most in the photography world in 2011-2012 when I did an internship with Jon Leask Photography when I lived in Rexburg. He was willing to teach and guide up and coming photographers and that inspired me to also help others learn in the photography world.
6. My favorite thing to take pictures of is families.
7. I have taken pictures at one funeral. It was a very special opportunity to serve, and very emotional. I captured some of the most emotional photographs I have ever taken.
8. In 2013-2014-ish I photographed several pageants. I loved it! I would love to be more involved in the pageant world someday. It is so fun capturing the talents of young people and seeing them succeed.
9. I often think about quitting but never do. I know I truly don't want to, but sometimes it feels hard. Sometimes I compare myself to others. Sometimes I wish I was better at business and taking pictures and it is easier to quit than to become as great as I know I can be.
10. Every single one of my clients ever has been through something extremely hard. I am so inspired by everyone I take pictures of! It makes it that much more special to capture photos of human beings. I love capturing people being joyful and happy together despite all of the hard things they have faced.
11. I usually become friends with my clients. I am a friend maker through and through.
12. I would love to sell prints and products to my clients someday instead of mainly selling the digital images. That's one of those challenging steps I would love to take in my photography career! I have a passion for good prints and albums.
13. I have formatted memory cards before retrieving the images off of them! Thank goodness for Blake Erickson who has helped me recover them!
14. My desktop is verrryyyy unorganized! My organization system is non-existent!
15. I am super fast and efficient at editing.
16. I am sometimes not very good at describing the position I want you to stand in.
17. I act like a complete weirdo to get little kids to smile at the camera!
18. I have never entered my photography into a contest of any kind! I totally will someday though!
19. I have always wanted to be a mom and a photographer. Well I guess that isn't true. Growing up I wanted to be an office lady... I had my own little business and I still remember its name, my fake name, and all the receipt papers I would fill out. I had a cute little homemade computer and headset!
20. I love photography with my whole heart! I can't go anywhere with out seeing beautiful things I want to photograph or take clients to. I just think this world and the people in this world are so beautiful and should be documented.
And a little bonus
21. I am passionate about businesses. It makes me happy too see friends start and run successful business. If you tell me about your business or business idea I will probably get super giddy and be more excited than you are. :)
Hi there. I'm Nicole. I'm a small town girl from Idaho who loves photography, my Savior and my family. You'll find me in the mountains with my camera around my neck begging my husband, "lets just take one more picture of your S'more." I love to blog about my photography sessions, family life and much more! Come read along.