Family Photography is my specialty! I love capturing family photos of any type of family! When you book a family session with Nicole Erickson Photography, you can expect an efficient and fun family portrait sessions, quick delivery of you stunning photographs, true to color, bright and timeless editing, and a friendly experience with me!
1. Booking your Session. You can book a session with me by emailing, calling, texting, direct messaging me or talking to me in real life! I have flexible dates available.
2. Planning your session. You can check out my blog about what to wear for family photos. This blog has some tips for picking your outfits for your family portrait session. We will also talk about where you would like to take your photos. I currently live in Logan, Utah and travel to Grace, Idaho a lot to take pictures. I know of great places to take family pictures but would also like to take pictures of your family in a special place to you. If you own your own property, often go playing at a certain lake or certain mountain area, or have other special experiences somewhere, lets consider taking pictures there! When picking a location it is important to consider what the location will look like at the time of our shoot and at that time of year.
3. Picking a location & time. When taking family pictures, I like to shoot early in the morning or as close to sunset as possible. The reason for this is because the lighting is best at these times of day. The shadows are less harsh and the photos will turn out stunning. Sometimes it isn't possible to schedule photography sessions at these times, so if we need to shoot at a different time, it is important that the location has a decent amount of shade. With my experience, I can shoot in any lighting situation and create gorgeous images!
4. Emailing and contracts. I will email or text you with tips for your photography session and send you a portrait agreement via email.
5. Photography Session. Here is the fun and hopefully not too chaotic part! Once we arrive at the family session location, we will get right into taking your pictures! At family sessions I take several pictures of the whole group, individual pictures, pictures of the parents, pictures of just the kids, pictures of mom and the girls and mom and the boys, dad and the girls and dad and the boys, and sometimes each parent with each child. We also take pictures of just the girl siblings and just the boy siblings. I capture mainly posed photos with everyone looking at the camera and also those candid fun in-between moments of you and your family playing and laughing together.
6. After your session I will send you a preview via email either that night or the next business day!
7. Delivering your session. I take pride in my fast delivery of sessions. Sometimes I am able to get sessions delivered that day or the next day, but I promise your photos will be delivered with in a week! I know I love getting my pictures right away and it is something my clients really enjoy! Your photos are delivered in an online gallery called PASS. This is an amazing website where you can easily download the photos right to your computer. You can share the link with family and friends and easily access the link via any device. You will receive 60+ digital images with your portrait session.
8. Follow-up. A few weeks after your portrait session I will check in with you and make sure you are loving your photos and see if you need any adjustments made to them. You are always welcome to order high quality professional prints from me. You will also have the print release so you can print the photos wherever you please. I recommend mpix.com for the best quality.
9. Posting your photos and keeping in touch. I will likely post your photographs on my instagram, facebook and blog for marketing purposes! I would love if you shared your pictures online with family and friends and shared my posts with them! I love photographing my clients family and friends and appreciate all of the referrals I get! I love interacting with my clients on social media. It is a great way to stay in touch! Make sure you follow along for helpful tips about family photography!
Hi there. I'm Nicole. I'm a small town girl from Idaho who loves photography, my Savior and my family. You'll find me in the mountains with my camera around my neck begging my husband, "lets just take one more picture of your S'more." I love to blog about my photography sessions, family life and much more! Come read along.