Last fall, I did mini sessions at schnepf farms! I had taken pictures for the Fraticelli Family a year or so before we took these family pictures. It is always fun taking pictures of families year after year because I get to see the kids grow so much in a year! I highly reccomend getting your family photos taken every year. Kids grow so fast and we all change so much! It is wonderful to document your family over the years. You'll only regret the pictures you never take. You can't take too many photos, according to me!
BEST SMILES EVER! I was soooo happy with how well the boys smiled at this Family Photography session. That doesn't always happen, so it is super exciting when we can get super happy smiles from the kiddos!
Blaine is my cousin. I have taken her senior pictures and family pictures a couple times now! I love when they ask me to take family pictures because it means I get to catch up with them and hang out with the cute boys! The weather wasn't super fabulous when they came to get their family pictures taken, but we made it work! It was the middle of the day and the sun was hidden by clouds so it actually worked perfectly!
Fall in Arizona is definitely different than fall here in Utah! I love the outfits that Dawna picked out for her family pictures last fall! I can always count on the Caudle family to be the sweetest ever! They had been going through some hard things last fall. As soon as I saw the FB post explaining their situation, I had to offer to gift them a family session. Dawna has always been so good about referring people to me and she just loves the pictures I take for them. They were so grateful when they got the text that I would take their family pictures. After I sent them their pictures, Dawna sent me a picture of a "grateful pumpkin." They had written the things they were grateful for on the pumpkin and my name was written on it. That made me feel so special and grateful for their gratitude. The Caudle's have now moved to Utah so I hope I can photograph them in the future!
Enjoy this fall outfit inspiration! Dawna did a great job with layering and color choice. I love the different variety of sweaters and the casual shirt and tie for Matt. So perfect!
The Jorgensen family is the coolest! I have known them my whole life. Our parents went to school together and I went to school with the boys. I was also the babysitter of some of the younger boys. It was so fun taking their family pictures in Grace, Idaho before Camm left on his mission to Tempe, Arizona. Becky did a great job picking out the outfits for family photos. I love blue. It photographs so well. I also thought the girls looked stunning in white. I can't wait to find out which pictures are their favorite and to see the prints they want to order. Thanks Jorgensen Family for having me take your family photos! You're awesome.
The day I took the Christensen Family Portraits, we closed on our house in Logan! It was a busy eventful day, but it was nice it started with these four Christensen babies smiling so good for the camera at their family portrait session!! I told Sue, the grandma, that she has the best grand babies ever! They were so fun to photograph. Also, I am getting better and better at the Baby Shark song. Do your kids love that song?? Do you fellow photographers use it at your family portrait sessions? If there was a theme to this session, it would be Baby Shark. The siblings were even teasing each other and singing it to each other to get them to smile.
It is always an undertaking for families to get family pictures scheduled when everyone can be together! It is awesome when families can make it happen! We had lots of fun taking the Smith's family photos. I saw that Lori posted on her Facebook that this is the first time they were able to do a photo with everyone!
At extended family session I take pictures of the whole group, just the parents, just the children of the parents, the grandparents and grandchildren, each individual family, just the girls, just the boys, and... am I forgetting anything?? We basically do all of the groupings possible!
If you haven't had photos taken like this in a while. I highly recommend it! It is so important to get a family photo of all of you!
I have gotten to take pictures for Mara and Adena in Grace, Idaho for the past few years! First, I took maternity pictures for Mara. She brought some books, special outfits and books that we photographed her with. Then when Adena was just a baby, we took her pictures of her and her mom with those special items! Adena is a little older now and we got to take some more pictures of them. I love that Mara is passionate about documenting her and Adena's relationship and her relationships with others who are important to them! They are the most beautiful pair and so fun to be around. I look forward to taking pictures of them in the future and watching Adena grow. Isn't she the most beautiful little thing??
Family Photography is my specialty! I love capturing family photos of any type of family! When you book a family session with Nicole Erickson Photography, you can expect an efficient and fun family portrait sessions, quick delivery of you stunning photographs, true to color, bright and timeless editing, and a friendly experience with me!
1. Booking your Session. You can book a session with me by emailing, calling, texting, direct messaging me or talking to me in real life! I have flexible dates available.
2. Planning your session. You can check out my blog about what to wear for family photos. This blog has some tips for picking your outfits for your family portrait session. We will also talk about where you would like to take your photos. I currently live in Logan, Utah and travel to Grace, Idaho a lot to take pictures. I know of great places to take family pictures but would also like to take pictures of your family in a special place to you. If you own your own property, often go playing at a certain lake or certain mountain area, or have other special experiences somewhere, lets consider taking pictures there! When picking a location it is important to consider what the location will look like at the time of our shoot and at that time of year.
3. Picking a location & time. When taking family pictures, I like to shoot early in the morning or as close to sunset as possible. The reason for this is because the lighting is best at these times of day. The shadows are less harsh and the photos will turn out stunning. Sometimes it isn't possible to schedule photography sessions at these times, so if we need to shoot at a different time, it is important that the location has a decent amount of shade. With my experience, I can shoot in any lighting situation and create gorgeous images!
4. Emailing and contracts. I will email or text you with tips for your photography session and send you a portrait agreement via email.
5. Photography Session. Here is the fun and hopefully not too chaotic part! Once we arrive at the family session location, we will get right into taking your pictures! At family sessions I take several pictures of the whole group, individual pictures, pictures of the parents, pictures of just the kids, pictures of mom and the girls and mom and the boys, dad and the girls and dad and the boys, and sometimes each parent with each child. We also take pictures of just the girl siblings and just the boy siblings. I capture mainly posed photos with everyone looking at the camera and also those candid fun in-between moments of you and your family playing and laughing together.
6. After your session I will send you a preview via email either that night or the next business day!
7. Delivering your session. I take pride in my fast delivery of sessions. Sometimes I am able to get sessions delivered that day or the next day, but I promise your photos will be delivered with in a week! I know I love getting my pictures right away and it is something my clients really enjoy! Your photos are delivered in an online gallery called PASS. This is an amazing website where you can easily download the photos right to your computer. You can share the link with family and friends and easily access the link via any device. You will receive 60+ digital images with your portrait session.
8. Follow-up. A few weeks after your portrait session I will check in with you and make sure you are loving your photos and see if you need any adjustments made to them. You are always welcome to order high quality professional prints from me. You will also have the print release so you can print the photos wherever you please. I recommend mpix.com for the best quality.
9. Posting your photos and keeping in touch. I will likely post your photographs on my instagram, facebook and blog for marketing purposes! I would love if you shared your pictures online with family and friends and shared my posts with them! I love photographing my clients family and friends and appreciate all of the referrals I get! I love interacting with my clients on social media. It is a great way to stay in touch! Make sure you follow along for helpful tips about family photography!
We had a busy day a few weeks ago! I had the Hatch Family pictures scheduled in Provo Canyon. I also had a Lasik follow up in Sandy, Utah earlier in the day. I got Lasik in February before we left to move to Utah. I highly recommend it! I used a Groupon and went to the Lasik Vision Institue. They have locations nationwide so it has been easy to transfer my care. My life is changed because I can see! I can see stars out the window while I lay in bed. Crazy right?! Anyway, I loaded the kids up and we headed to Salt Lake. Blakes sweet sweet cousin Nicky watched my kids while I went to Provo Canyon for my shoot. I mention Nicky because I love her and she inspires me so much. The kids had fun playing with cousins and I enjoyed driving through Provo Canyon for the first time. It really is gorgeous.
The Hatch Family is so fun. Their kids did so well for pictures and were having a great time. I love seeing parents who have three young children. That is only one more than I have, but it seems like a lot of work! haha. The Hatch's are the cutest parents and so patient and loving to their kids. It is always a pleasure to see them every year for their photos.
You may be seeing some posts of mine about positivity. I have really been trying to work on being more positive and talking positively to myself and about myself. I recently read a really good book with some exercises in it regarding positive self talk. Here are some things I wrote down in order to be able to believe them more. This would be a great exercise for anyone!
Start by writing
I love myself, therefore -
and then write down the things you do or think because you love yourself. Here are mine.
I nourish my body
I do positive self talk
I rest when I am tired
I learn and gain knowledge
I do things that bring me joy
God loves me
I worship God and my Savior
I take care of my relationships
I walk with confidence
I accept who I am. I approve of myself
I accept my body
My body has created life
My body is beautiful
My body is strong
My body will transform as I love it
Others appreciate my healthy choices and are inspired by them
Others are inspired by my transformations
I get along great with my family
I am loved and appreciated by my family
I am a good mom
I am enough
I am a sweet wife
I am a charitable person
I work hard for what I want
If we say these things, we start to believe them. When we start to believe them they become true. If I were saying negative things about myself, I would be attracting negativity into my life. When I am saying and believing positive things, that helps create a positive life with positive outcomes.
What do you think?? Do you believe we attract negativity when we are negative and attract positivity when we are positive?
I loved taking the Stoddard's family pictures in Grace, Idaho. The kids were so well behaved and having fun at their family picture session! Parker got scratched a few different times and still smiled for the pictures afterward. I loved seeing the parents interact with these sweet children!
I loved photographing the Lybbert Family! Austin is my cousin on my dad's side so I have lots of fun memories growing up with him. He is married to the cutest girl ever, Kelsie! I love her so much. Kelsie and Austin came to Logan for the day and got their family pictures taken! Lacie, the almost one year old was so sweet the whole time! She would smile if mom or dad were standing by me to make her smile, but I was just not funny enough for her to smile in the family photos! She ended up snuggling with me at the end of the session and my heart melted. I love taking pictures late in the evening when the sun goes behind the hills. It makes for the dreamiest family pictures. I also love hanging out with people I love and capturing them being so beautiful!
I know you are all happy that it’s summer! Family vacations, family reunions, summer barbecues, weddings, and family pictures are some of my favorite things in summer. Summer often calls for a lot of photo opportunities and we as humans don’t always love getting our pictures taken. Today I am going to share some tips for you to feel good about getting your photo taken.
1. Positive self talk. Ditch the negativity in your life! You don’t need to change your self at all before you get your photo taken. You are beautiful the way you are because you are you! Practice saying things like, I am worthy of love, my life deserves to be documented, I am enough, and I am beautiful. You get the idea!
2. Hydrate and get enough sleep! Water and sleep does your body good. I feel like drinking water is the answer to everything lol. It really does help you feel better!
3. Practice your picture smile in the mirror so you’re more likely to like your smile in photos.
4. Buy a new outfit for pictures that you love and feel comfortable and confident in. If you have something in your closet that is already your favorite, then wear that! Sometimes a new outfit is all you need to feel a little more confident in photos.
5. When you see a photo of yourself, just DON'T say anything negative about yourself! You are the only person seeing anything negative. Try to see something positive and say that instead.
I hope these tips can help you feel better about yourself in photos this summer.
We had a fun time taking the Vanderen's family pictures up High Creek near Lewiston, Idaho. Rigging could not stop looking at the cows! There were cows all around us and Riggin was usually staring or pointing at them. On instagram, everyone was obsessing over Afton's dress that she got from Eight and Main in Logan. It was fun to be featured on their social media page.
Taking family pictures with little ones can be chaotic and stressful, but it is always worth it in the end!
Sydney and Josh and Josh's mom met me at the power plant by the river in Grace, Idaho for their family photography session. I was so excited to take their pictures in Grace, Idaho because the last time I took their pictures they didn't have their baby. He is sooo squishy and adorable!! I can't even handle his cheeks! He is pure sweetness. At the beginning of the session he kept making the cutest "OH" face whenever anyone would talk to him! We thought he was going to do it the whole time, but grandma Tina and Sydney and Josh got him laughing and smiling so cute for the pictures! It was so nice having Tina there to help me get him smiling for the pictures. I was so impressed with how great he was! Sydney picked out darling outfits for their family session. I believe she told me she got her dress from Olive Ave in Idaho Falls. The Power Plant is a darling place to take pictures especially around sunset. The lighting is great and the scenery is beautiful. I have gone their several times this year because it convenient and beautiful for the people in Grace. I still have openings for family sessions this summer and fall! I would love to take your family portraits. Lets get you some beautiful family pictures and art for your walls!
This was one of my first sessions since being back in Idaho and it doesn't disappoint! I can't wait to see some of these pictures on Kyra and Chases walls! We drove up Cub River near Franklin, Idaho for these family pictures. We wanted nature and mountain scenery. It was so beautiful! The field now has sun flowers in it. I am so excited to go back there and shoot again!
My favorite part about this family session was Summitt, the little girl. She was in such a good mood and loved the camera. She said hilarious things and was worried about a twig getting in her shoe. I also loved seeing little Barretts smiles! He is the sweetest baby.
Kyra has been my friend for lots and lots of years. I went on some of my best adventures with her. I always love chatting with her and I especially love getting to take her family pictures! I am so excited to take more family pictures now that we are about to move to Logan, Utah! If you'd like gorgeous, happy family photos like these, send me an email! I would love to photograph your family.
Hi there. I'm Nicole. I'm a small town girl from Idaho who loves photography, my Savior and my family. You'll find me in the mountains with my camera around my neck begging my husband, "lets just take one more picture of your S'more." I love to blog about my photography sessions, family life and much more! Come read along.